These are quite possibly the easiest and most delicious nibbles you can possibly make! These nuts are perfect served warm with some prosecco at a dinner party or just as a simple snack. Also, a small bag of these makes for the cutest gift if you’re visiting a friend! The spiced-maple glaze and the aroma from the roasted nuts makes them look and smell irresistible. Don’t be surprised if these are gobbled up very quickly…
I think the blend of nuts in the recipe below works well but feel free to change the proportions or use different types of nuts as you see fit. You can also add in some dried fruit or seeds to the mix if you like, but make sure to omit the dried fruit from the roasting process.
- 100g almonds
- 100g pecans
- 100g cashew nuts
- 50g hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup/honey (80ml)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (170-175 degrees Celsius if using a fan oven). Line a baking tray with some parchment paper.
- Place all the nuts into a large bowl. In a separate bowl/cup, mix together the maple syrup/honey, melted coconut oil and spices.
- Pour the sticky glaze over the nuts and stir to ensure an even distribution. Spread out onto your prepared baking tray and roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the nuts to cool on the tray while periodically stirring (the mixture can get quite sticky if you leave it too long!). Serve warm in a bowl with some drinks and watch them disappear.