The perfect answer to that 3pm slump! This traybake is surprisingly elegant despite it all coming together in about 30 minutes. It’s just gorgeous to have in the summertime when raspberries are at their best. Beautiful to look at, easy, health and most importantly – delicious!
- 200g ground almonds (just under 2 cups)
- 40g desiccated coconut (1/3 cup)
- 3 medium-sized eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 80ml maple syrup/honey (1/3 cup)
- 60ml coconut oil (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 200g-250g fresh/frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 80ml maple syrup/honey
- 40g-50g desiccated coconut (for the topping)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (170-175 degrees celsius if using a fan oven). Grease an 8-inch square tin with some coconut oil.
- Mix the ground almonds, desiccated coconut, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mash the banana with a fork and add to a large bowl. Add in the eggs and whisk until a mixture is formed. Add in the maple syrup/honey, the coconut oil (melted) and the vanilla essence and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients (ground almond mixture) to the wet ingredients in three parts, stirring slowly with a large spoon until combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the raspberry jam. Place the raspberries in a large bowl with the maple syrup/honey and heat in the microwave (medium-high power) for 1-2 minutes, mixing vigorously with a fork every 30 seconds (if the raspberries are frozen, this will take longer).
- Continue to mix until you reach a very liquid consistency. Add in the chia seeds and stir thoroughly. Set aside and allow the chia seeds to soak up the jam mixture.
- Once the traybake has finished baking, remove from the oven and prick with a fork all over. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the traybake has almost cooled, pour a thick layer of the jam over the top and spread evenly. Sprinkle the desiccated coconut over the top.