The ultimate breakfast on-the-go! This recipe tastes even better than the butter-y, sugar-y version. The sweetness from the dates goes so well with the slight tart-ness of the cranberries.
Feel free to pimp up your flapjacks with different additions (raisins, chopped pecans, coconut, dried papaya etc.), but remember that the more toppings you add, the more likely your flapjacks are to crumble. Two-three additives are perfect.
- 175g rolled oats (just over 2 cups)
- 1 large banana
- 100g pitted dates (if you are using dried dates, soak them in warm water for 15-20 minutes beforehand)
- 60ml maple syrup/honey (1/4 cup)
- 60ml coconut oil (1/4 cup), melted
- 60ml almond milk or whatever milk you choose (1/4 cup)
- 50g flaxseeds (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (170-175 degrees celsius if using a fan oven). Grease an 8-inch square tin with some coconut oil.
- Place the softened dates, banana, coconut oil, maple syrup/honey and almond milk in a nutribullet and blend until only small pieces of date remain.
- Add to a large bowl and add in the rolled oats and flaxseeds. Finally, mix in the cranberries and pumpkin seeds and mix thoroughly.
- Add your mixture to the prepared tin and press down firmly until tightly packed.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.