Baked oats are my new favourite thing to have for breakfast. These banana, almond and raisin baked oats will give you oodles of energy for the day! Feel free to play around with different flavours and additions – if you’re feeling indulgent, swap out the raisins for dark chocolate pieces 🙂
Despite tasting like having dessert for breakie, these bars are vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free.
- 225g rolled oats
- 4 bananas
- 60ml coconut oil (1/4 cup)
- 80ml maple / agave syrup (1/3 cup)
- 3 rounded tablespoons smooth peanut / almond butter
- 2.5 rounded tablespoons chia seeds
- 100g raisins (3/4 cup)
- 60g flaked almonds (2/3 cup)
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract / essence
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (170-175 degrees Celsius if using a fan oven). Grease an 8-inch square tin.
- Mash three and a half bananas with a fork in a large bowl. Add in the melted coconut oil, maple / agave syrup, nut butter, chia seeds, vanilla and sea salt. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Once you have an even distribution, add the dry oat mixture to the wet mixture along with half of the milk (1/4 cup) and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the raisins and flaked almonds along with the remainder of the milk and mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and push down evenly using the back of a spoon. Slice the remaining half-banana and arrange over the top along with some flaked almonds.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy with a dollop of yoghurt or some ice cream.