The aroma, colour and flavour of this sweet bread makes it the perfect Autumnal treat! The warmth of the ginger works beautifully the raspberries and almond. Perfect with some good coffee.
- 300g ground almonds (2.5 cups)
- 2.5-3 rounded teaspoons of ground ginger
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 bananas
- 100ml coconut oil, melted
- 80ml maple syrup/honey (1/3 cup)
- 60-80ml almond/soya milk (1/4-1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Topping: 30g flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (170 degrees if using a fan-oven). Grease your loaf tin and set aside.
- Mix the ground almonds, ginger, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add to a large bowl. Add in the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup/honey and vanilla extract/essence and mix until you reach an even consistency.
- Add in the ground almond mixture in three parts, mixing after each time. Pour in the almond/soya milk after the second addition of ground almonds. Finally, fold in the raspberries.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle the flaked almonds on top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 45-55 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Set aside until cool enough to turn out onto a wire tray.