Any die-hard brownie-lovers just have to try these! These with a good cup of coffee = perfection.
- 240g ground almonds (2 cups)
- 100g pecans, chopped
- 80g dark chocolate
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 6 tablespoons water)
- 80ml maple syrup (1/3 cup)
- 60ml coconut oil (1/4 cup), melted
- 2 rounded tablespoons almond/peanut butter
- 120-150ml almond/soya milk (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- Vanilla extract/essence
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (170-175 degrees celsius if using a fan oven). Grease an 8-inch square tin.
- Make your flax egg by mixing the ground flax seeds with 6 tablespoons of water. Mix lightly and set aside. Chop the dark chocolate and pecans into small pieces.
- Place the ground almonds, chopped pecans, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Mash the banana well with a fork or in a blender. Place in a bowl and add in the nut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix well. Finally, add in the flax eggs with half of the milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Mix well with a large spoon. Add in the remainder of the milk once the ingredients start to come together. Finally, fold in the chocolate pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes and serve slightly warm with some coconut yoghurt or vegan ice cream.